We aim to show our Christian faith by the transformation of communities worldwide. We can do this through supporting strong relationships within the family and promoting reconciliation at all levels.
There are more than four million members of Mothers’ Union today in 84 countries around the world. Each member subscribes to the same values:
We are firmly rooted in voluntary ethos centred on mutual respect and collaboration.
Our governance, leadership and programmes are driven by and undertaken through members within their own communities worldwide.
We are inclusive and work with people of all faiths and none
Our aims and objectives are:
- To encourage parents in their role to develop the faith of their children
- To maintain a worldwide fellowship of Christians united in prayer, worship and service
- To promote conditions in society favourable to stable family life and the protection of children
- To help those whose family life has met with adversity
- To promote and support married life
The Mothers’ Union Prayer:
We thank you for your love so freely given to us all.
We pray for families around the world.
Bless the work of the Mothers’ Union
as we seek to share your love
through the encouragement, strengthening and support of marriage and
Empowered by your Spirit, may we be united in prayer and worship,
and in love and service reach out as your hands across the world.
In Jesus’ name.
Mary Sumner Personal Prayer:
All this day, O Lord, let me touch as many lives as possible for Thee. And every life I touch, do Thou by Thy spirit quicken, whether through the words I speak, the prayer I breathe or the life I live. In the name of Jesus , Amen